10 Padres Predictions Sure to Go Wrong in 2012
It is that time of year for predictions. I’d like to think I have a good pulse on the team, so each year I put my neck out and make predctions, only to be humbled by the baseball gods. Here is a look at how terrible my predictions were in 2011. For those of you that listen to Friarhood Radio or follow on twitter, these predictions will not surprise you. It should be noted, I did my best to stay positive with the predictions.
1. ATT Uverse customers will be able to watch Padres games before Time Warner Customers
2. Yonder Alonso will the National League Rookie of the Year
3. Cory Luebke will lead the Padres in wins, strikeouts, and ERA
4. Huston Street will be traded by July 31st.
5. Orlando Hudson will have less than 450 Abs
6. Anthony Bass will throw over 100 innings and have an ERA under 3.40
7. Will Venable will hit over .265 with 15 HRs and 30 SBs
8. Chase Headley will hit over 40 doubles in 2012
9. Huston Street will represent the Padres in the all star game.
10. The Tucson Padres will lead the PCL at the all star break.
Now it’s your turn. Leave your comments below and in six months we can have a few drinks and laugh at ourselves.
Photo by: JasonLangheine, creative commons 2.0