Good, Bad, and Ugly 4/19 vs. Phillies
WP: Vince Worley (1-1)
- 1-2 SB (2), 2BB, K. Headley has 14 hits in his last 11 games Headley now has a line of .292/.435/.646 this season
- 1-4 K. Venable now has six hits in the last five games. His line on the season .282/.349/.436
- Each worked perfect innings and did so with less than 10 pitches each.
- 6IP, 5H, 1ER, 7K, 1BB. A great home debut for the rookie, but that run he gave up in the first proved to be too much.
- 0-3 2K. Maybin is now has one hit in his last 19 at bats.
Jeremy Hermida stranded after a leadoff triple in the second inning.
The bottom of the sixth inning
After Venable led off with a single, In an effort to play for the tie, Bud had Maybin sacrafice (wasting an out, as if the strikeouts weren’t bad enough) to move Venable over to second (not sure why Will didn’t just steal second). Headley hit a single, which moved Venable to third. With a full count on Hermida, Headley was running. Hermida swings and misses (strikeout), Ruiz throws to second to get Headley, Venable breaks for home. Rollins catches and throws back to Ruiz (ignoring Headley) in time to catch Venable trying to steal home. Inning over. #palmtoface