Padres Avoid Arbitration with Volquez, Baker, Cabrera, and Thatcher
- Will Venable $2.675M (Projection $2.5M)
- Everth Cabrera $1.275M ($1.2M) via Corey Brock
- Joe Thatcher $1.375M ($1.1M) via Corey Brock
- John Baker $930K (900K) via CAA
- Edinson Volquez $5.275M ($4.6M) via Bill Center
Three players remain unsigned:
- Chase Headley – Asking $10.3M, Offered $7.075M (projected $8.3M)
- Luke Gregerson – Asking $3.75M, Offered $2.875M (projected $3.2M)
- Clayton Richard – Asking $5.5M, Offered $4.905M (projected $5M)
This information via Bernie Wilson of the AP.
To stay up to date check out the 2013 Padres Salaries page. 2013 Payroll is now projected to reach $63.5M
Interesting note, all players have agreed to more money than the projected amount. Your comments below.