Good, Bad, and Ugly 4/14 vs. Dodgers
- 1-3 BB, K. Headley with one of the teams two hits on the evening, extending his hitting stread to six games.
- Congraulations to Joe Wieland. A pro debut is always a reason to celebrate.
- 5IP, 6H, 6ER, 2BB, K 3 HRA. For those of you that may have missed FHR this morning (shame on you), I mentioned that even though Wieland has been successful in the minors, facing Kemp and Ethier are much different than talent he has faced before. I’m not a pitching coach or a manager, but if I may offer some advice… In the future do not throw Kemp anything over the plate.
- I’m running out of things to say here. Hudson was 0-3 tonight and only saw nine pitches. Hudson now has a line of .097/.125/.161 on the season. I think karma is catching up with Hudson, it may be a good time to pay up on the bet he lost last season and buy the guys in the clubhouse suits.
- It’s tough to ignore what’s going on with Hundley, he’s 0-19 now.
Pitching to Matt Kemp
I mentioned this above, but I think it’s worth repeating. Matt Kemp vs. the Padres this season is 11-23 with five HR and 14 RBI in just six games. If this continues, Kemp should start ordering thank you cards for Padres management in anticipation of his 2012 NL MVP award.
Losing to the Dodgers
It’s one thing to lose, it’s another to lose to the Dodgers. Having Petco infested with Dodgers fans, Joe Thatcher walking in the winning run and then watching the Dodgers celebrate as if they won the little league world series. I could go on, but I won’t for fear of snapping. My point is, I don’t expect the Padres to win the division, but I do expect them to beat the Dodgers, starting tomorrow against Kershaw.
The one year anniversary of Friarhood Radio was today. I want to thank everyone for all the support you have given myself and the website. We had a great show, if you missed any of it you can listen/download the podcasts here. If you just want to listen to the interviews you are able to do that as well, here is the guest list from today with links attached.